Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Two way handshake in Java

I recently happened to work on two-way SSL handshake where client authorization will take place using certificate provided by trusted one. I got into lot of problems when I was trying to achieve this in Java. So I started reading about this and came to know that we can even enable SSL handshake debugging by just providing -Djavax.net.debug=all in your VM arguments. But trust me, again this log was a mystery to me to understand. Then again started asking Google about this. It gave me handful of blogs and stackexchange answers to get more details on this. I went through most of them and understood how to read this SSL debug log and finally solved the problem. May be if you are interested you can refer this simple blog 'http://www.smartjava.org/content/how-analyze-java-ssl-errors' explains step by step on what happens during SSL handshake process. Please share if you get into any such issues in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment